CAN YOU DEFEND YOUR FAITH?

The sad truth is most Christians can't even defend their faith because they themselves are ignorant of God's word.

Don't let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. -- Colossians 2:8
"My people are being destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Hosea 4:6

Articles

Saturday, May 22, 2010

IS THE BIBLE TRUE?

     It is sometimes ridiculous to prove the authenticity of the Bible using the scriptural verses taken from it; most especially when talking to skeptics. It is like the accuse testifying for himself. Although I believe the Bible to be an inspired revelation from God and can answer life’s entire question “All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: for the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” 2 Timothy 3: 16 (KJV) more often than not, we needed outside verity to establish our position.
     During the Lenten season we examined the Death & Resurrection of Jesus Christ. (See my April Post) I believed that I have proven beyond reasonable doubt that there is indeed a corpse and a resurrection that happen as I assume the part of CSI and dissect each & every issue in question with accommodating historical fact base upon unbeliever’s account plus common sense. I also touch the issue between evolution theory & creation. Although the issue were at times disputed depending on paradigm or mind-set, I strongly believe the data I presented are logical enough to confirm the more believable stand that there is an intelligent design behind the appearance of the universe against accidental and unplanned proliferation of life as most evolutionist claim.
     Therefore, with the above stated proof, and if asked; I can further clarify certain clouded issues but for now allow me to share the faith why I believe the Bible to be true. It is simply because of my personal experiences and how my life has been truly transformed. Needless to say the millions of lives it has blessed for thousand upon thousand of years. It is not the archeological record of Noah’s ark that had been unearthed half a century ago or the minute detail of Daniels prophesies being fulfilled in ancient record -- it is because of the daily miracles which have been constantly pouring upon those who surrender their life to God; and their testimony of released from the hold of vices or from filthy living. I suggest you observe someone within your neighborhood who had given his life to Jesus and asked yourself “is the God of this Christian true?” or “Is the Bible True?”  

No comments:

Post a Comment