CAN YOU DEFEND YOUR FAITH?

The sad truth is most Christians can't even defend their faith because they themselves are ignorant of God's word.

Don't let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. -- Colossians 2:8
"My people are being destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Hosea 4:6

Articles

Friday, October 28, 2011

Ashamed of the Gospel?

Romans 1:16–17 (ESV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”
When I decided creating this website about a year ago, it had been my desire to truly share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 
Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.-- John 17:3
   Even before the advent of internet, I already have made some notes and reading since my conversion around 1985. I can't help but share the new life I found in Jesus Christ...and I also had this compassion on people seeing they are being led astray; simply because of ignorance.  No one is telling them the truth and most are still worshiping God in vain. I don't think there is a shortage of preacher with good intentions...but not as wise as their real enemy. Satan and his cohorts are constantly weaving deceptions and if a Christian is not updated, there is a very strong tendency that he or she too can be misled.
   When you love someone you want to know more about that person. Do you love God? Where can we know more about God? 
   No other book is as time tested than the BIBLE. No matter what it's detractor are saying, it still stood the test of time. (Read: Was the original Bible preserve? and Why the Bible is Real)
On Other Issues
   Most pastor; although I am not blaming them, tend to stay within their congregation. Maybe a little outreach here and there but mostly stayed on the safe side of the issue
   I have a different calling...or passion. I want to tackle serious and relevant issues. Like who would care to preach to you if Jesus had long hair or not? or who will share to you New World Order in the pulpit? Who will tell you the Political stand point of Christians? Does your preacher tells you that "soul-mate" is not Biblical or where the origin of false practices came from? or How Darwinism had changed much of our worldview?
   Those issues are important but can't easily be obtained in Churches. So, I made my research asking God for guidance to lead me with the right resources. What I discover are vast collections of truths that are kept away from public knowledge.  
 I intend to write areas that are not discussed (either avoided or neglected by other Ministers)The driving verse of this blog are those what you can read at the header of this blog. 
Don't let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. -- Colossians 2:8


"My people are being destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Hosea 4:6
  The above verses as the measuring tools for this blog. I make thorough research on articles...and also simply re-post items from sources to give my reader wider scope on other related issues. I also share another faith's belief system in some cases to stress my point or when I am still on the process of digesting articles that I have NO further knowledge at the moment. We are told to test every spirit so in like manner I simply collect data before making further commentaries.  

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.-- 1 John 4:1

   I am not ashamed of the Gospel. I've been experiencing insults and persecution by these...BUT I rejoice because I shared with the cross that Our Lord bear.

Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.   
   Gospel is good news and therefore needed to be shared. Almost all Christian share their faith but I notice something quite troubling how other Christians treat the Gospel. We sometimes soften the Bible message so that we may fit in the crowd. We sometimes just simply turn our head away or close our eyes when we saw our friend or relative kneeling before idols. Christians may have forgotten that, it is also a sin not to do the right thing when needed. 
   One must remember that when a Christian withhold the truth, if he had the chance to say, is also a SIN. 
   Having many friend is commendable...but to be afraid to lose friendship, so that we shut our mouth in telling the truth is like being the Priest and Levite  from the Good Samaritan story. (The Good Samaritan)
Luke 10:30-37 Jesus answered, "A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who both stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead. By chance a certain priest was going down that way. When he saw him, he passed by on the other side.  In the same way a Levite also, when he came to the place, and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he traveled, came where he was. When he saw him, he was moved with compassion, came to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. He set him on his own animal, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, and gave them to the host, and said to him, ‘Take care of him. Whatever you spend beyond that, I will repay you when I return.’ Now which of these three do you think seemed to be a neighbor to him who fell among the robbers?" He said, "He who showed mercy on him." Then Jesus said to him, "Go and do likewise."
   Most Christians only share the GOOD NEWS of the Bible but avoid the BAD NEWS which was also written therein. 


Jeremiah 23:16 This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment