CAN YOU DEFEND YOUR FAITH?

The sad truth is most Christians can't even defend their faith because they themselves are ignorant of God's word.

Don't let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. -- Colossians 2:8
"My people are being destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Hosea 4:6

Articles

Monday, October 24, 2011

The Jehovah’s Witnesses Sales Talk



I was in the middle of my painting session when two respectful looking women appeared at my door. The window was wide open from where I was working and they are already beaming with a smile from our house veranda. So the house can’t pretend that it was empty. So I let them in.
   I know the Standard Procedure, after the greetings and some pleasantries with little introduction (Take Note: They don’t introduce themselves as member of Jehovah’s Witness right away) they’ll ask you if you have a Bible.
   So I show them my collections of Bible. These do not scare or deter them and proceed with the campaign. I pick The New King James Version.  They asked me to read Psalm 83:18
That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.
   “Oh ! Wow, so God’s name really is Jehovah.” There it is written in my own Bible. That would have been my reactions if I was not aware of the marketing strategy.
   But I stay calm, I told my self that the last thing I needed that day is to engage in a discussion because I am so deep in my painting and I don’t want to lose the inspiration. I’m sure it will turn into an argument if I told them…what I know. So I pretend I was grasping their preaching and bear the acquired Salesmanship.
   When they left, the Holy Spirit nagged me why didn’t you tell them the truth?  So what are the truths really?    
   The truth is these beautiful and sincere ladies are being used to propagate a BIG LIE without them being aware.

THE SALES REP TRAINING
   We Born-Again Christian also apply the same strategy when trying to convince non-believers. We also quote John 3:3
In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
   But being a Christian does not end in just being Born Again as well as Salvation coming from calling God in His Proper Name (as JW claimed).
   LIE number one: Jehovah’s Witness were told that the proper name of God is Jehovah. LIE number Two: That God will only listen to prayers if you call Him as Jehovah.

THE IMPOSSIBLE NAME
   First of all, how can that be? The original Hebrew language does not have the J sound. The Hebrew “y” (yod) ended up being pronounced like a “j” in English due to the linguistic influence of French on Middle English (AD 1100–1500) in the centuries following the Norman invasion of Britain.
   In fact, the verse they asked me to read renders the name JEHOVAH as all capital. This is because it was a transliteration from the Hebrew word. Jewish thinks the Name was so HOLY it can not be utter (Remember do not use the Name of God in vain?) so when they are communicating they use the word Adonai which also mean LORD. What JW  did was make this two words as parallel. They change all the Adonai as Jehovah which was intended to be LORD. Adonai is different also when it is written as Lord. Lord is someone like a master, leader, or teacher.
   But the issue is God was not so self-centered that He demands to be called with Politically Correct Name.
  In truth GOD had many names. When Moses asked what name will I say to the Israelite when they ask me who sent me?
"At the burning bush Moses says to God: "When I come to the Israelites and say to them, the God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they ask me, What is His Name?; what shall I say to them?" God answered: "Ehyeh-asher-ehyeh." Thus you shall say to the Israelites, "Ehyeh sent me to you." 
The three-word name God gives Himself is not easy to translate. The most precise rendering is 'I shall be what I shall be', although it sometimes is translated as 'I am that I am'. The 1962 Jewish Publication Society translation of the Torah despaired of coming up with an accurate rendition, and just left the words in their Hebrew original" (Jewish Literacy, pp. 47-48).
   As this relates to the sacred names of God, there is absolutly no way with perfect certainty, that we can say how God's names were anciently pronounced. At the dispersion of the nations at the tower of Babel, and the instant creation by God of multiple languages, there had to come into existence at the same time different words to describe the same God.  
   The idea that there exist one single pronunciation for the name(s) of God is just absolutely false.  The idea that the name(s) of God must be spoken in the Paleo-Hebrew or in the Babylonian Aramaic tongue, for it (or them) to be holy and sacred is also false.  
   The original language of Adam was different than the Ugaritic language of Abraham. The Ugaritic language of Abraham was different than the Egyptian language of Moses and the Israelites in Egypt. The Phoenician language adopted by the Israelites 600 years after they came into the promised land is not the language of Adam, Abraham, or that of Moses.  And finally, although there is a great affinity of Paleo-Hebrew to Aramaic, these are different languages.
  
   What Jehovah’s Witnesses want us to believe was an invented term. Was it really important that we call Him in his proper name? How about calling him also as Jealous?

 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.--Exodus 34:14
   We can read mostly how Ancient Israelite address God as The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Perhaps the recital was used by Ancient people to be sure they are calling the right God. This is like a catch-all phrase and the safest address we can give to God because Hebrew themselves are not sure what to call Him.
FATHER
   Jesus therefore knowing the problem how people are being confused on how to call God, he set the record straight for us when he was asked how to pray. Jesus replied, "Our father, who are in heaven..."
   I am sure JW can still find ways to twist and turn their reasoning; so let us just accept that invented name is true (even if not) and agree just for once that JEHOVAH is really God's true name.
   But as a Christian, who consider myself as son of God...feel uncomfortable in doing that. Why? My father's name is Ferminiano Ymas, should I say this to him, "Ferminiano can you give me money please?" 
    Isn't that what we call Bastos (rude) in Filipino? It is just proper that I call him Tatay (father). So if you are a Christian and therefore a child of God, isn't it more polite to call him "Father"? 
   
   

 Charles Taze Russell is the founder of Jehovah's Witness in 1874. The photos below is his gravestone. Does it look familiar? 

Next is the close-up inscription... 
Russell was a 33rd degree occult Freemason, which is easily verifiable. So was Joseph Smith who founded the Mormons, and Ron Hubbard who founded Scientology.



No comments:

Post a Comment